On Wednesday, Virat Kohli completed 13 years of international cricket. Considering his record in ODIs and Tests, the batting legend scored 7609 runs with 27 centuries.
13 years of Virat Kohli: Check Team India skipper Kohli’s 13 best knocks
1) 133 vs Sri Lanka, 2012 Commonwealth Bank series
Against Sri Lanka, Kohli scored an unbeaten 133 runs in a must-win match. As India chased 321 runs, Kohli hammered 16 boundaries and two sixes to help India reach the target in just 36.4 overs. In the minds of Indian cricket fans, the image of hapless Lasith Malinga being taken to the cleaners still lingers.
2) 82 vs Australia, 2016 T20 World Cup
Kohli played the innings of his life as India defeated Australia in the quarterfinals and advanced to the semifinals. As Kohli chased a tricky 162 run target, he dropped anchor and made 82 off 51 deliveries to win the match.
3) 183 vs Pakistan, 2012 Asia Cup
With Virat Kohli scoring 183, his highest ODI score, India beat Pakistan’s bowling attack in the final 13 balls of the match. Both Tendulkar and Rohit Sharma scored valuable fifties, but Kohli was at his best.
4) 100 vs Australia 2nd ODI, 2013 Australia tour of India
Kohli demonstrated how to finish games by slamming an unbeaten century against Australia in Jaipur. In a high scoring thriller, Australia scored 359/5 and India chased down the target in 43.3 overs to win by nine wickets. Rohit Sharma won the match with an unbeaten 141, but Kohli played a significant role with an unbeaten century.
5) 100 vs Bangladesh, Group Match, 2011 World Cup
India made an impressive start to their World Cup campaign with Virender Sehwag’s 175 off 140 balls in Dhaka. As a result of Kohli’s unbeaten century, India posted a massive target of 370/4 and won by 87 runs.
6) 154 vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI, 2016 New Zealand tour of India
Kohli scored an unbeaten 154 off 134 deliveries as India chased down 286 runs to win by seven wickets.
7) 160 vs South Africa, 3rd ODI, 2013 India tour of South Africa
Another record was broken by the run machine as Cape Town witnessed a special knock. Kohli scored an unbeaten 160 off 159 balls as India posted 303/6 and then bowled South Africa out for 179.
8) 100 vs Pakistan, 4th Match, 2015 World Cup
Kohli’s century helped India beat Pakistan by 76 runs, keeping their World Cup record intact. There is something always special about a World Cup century.
9) 157 vs West Indies, 2nd ODI, 2018 West Indies tour of India
In Visakhapatnam, Virat Kohli made an unbeaten 157 off 129 balls. Despite this, West Indies tied the match.
10) 254 vs South Africa, 2nd Test, 2019, World Test Championship
India captain Rohit Sharma scored an unbeaten 254 off 336 balls as India beat South Africa by an innings and 137 runs.
11) 115 & 141 vs Australia, 1st Test, 2014 Border-Gavaskar Trophy
During the first Test against Australia in Adelaide, Virat Kohli scored two breathtaking centuries. Kohli scored 115 in the first innings and 141 in the second innings. India was 48 runs away from victory.
12) 153 vs South Africa, 2nd Test, 2018 India tour of South Africa
With a 217-ball 153, Kohli helped India stage a dramatic comeback. Kohli’s knock was a joy to watch even though South Africa won the Test by 135 runs.
13) 116 vs Australia, 4th Test, Adelaide, 2012 India tour of Australia
Young Virat Kohli scored a brilliant century against all odds to announce his arrival on the Test circuit. Since then, the Indian captain has been unstoppable.